Dimitr Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Demetrius:
Derived from the Greek Demetrios (of Demeter). The name is borne in the Bible by a silversmith who made a living crafting shrines and models of the temple of Diana. He started a riot after sales fell off as a result of the preaching of Paul (Acts 19). The name was also borne by a Christian of great merit. (3 John 12).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dimitr? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dimitr
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dimitr
- Comments and insights on the name Dimitr
Bulgarian form of Demetrius
- Personal experiences with the name Dimitr
- Nicknames for Dimitr
- Meanings and history of the name Dimitr
- Famous real-life people named Dimitr
- Dimitr in song, story & screen