Dinis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dennis:
From the Greek Dionysius (of Dionysos, the Greek mythological god of wine and revelry). The name was borne by St. Denis, a 3rd-century evangelist who became the patron saint of France, thus establishing the name’s continued popularity. Var: Dennet, Denys.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dinis? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dinis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dinis
- Comments and insights on the name Dinis
Dinis and Sindi are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Dinis
- Nicknames for Dinis
- Meanings and history of the name Dinis
Portuguese for Denis or Dennis.
- Famous real-life people named Dinis
King of Portugal from 1279 to 1325.
- Dinis in song, story & screen