Domhnall Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Donald:
Anglicized form of the Gaelic Domhnall (world ruler), which is thought to be derived from the primitive Celtic Dumno-valo-s (world mighty). Alternatively, some believe the name to be derived from the Gaelic don (brown). Short: Don. Pet: Donny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Domhnall? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Domhnall
Contribute your knowledge to the name Domhnall
- Comments and insights on the name Domhnall
- Personal experiences with the name Domhnall
- Nicknames for Domhnall
- Meanings and history of the name Domhnall
World rule (Gaelic)
- Famous real-life people named Domhnall
Domhnall Gleeson, an Irish actor who is quite well-known in his home country and gaining more recognition due to his recent role as Bill Weasley in the seventh Harry Potter film.
- Domhnall in song, story & screen