Domingo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Domingo:
Cognate of Dominic (belonging to the Lord), a derivative of the Latin Dominicus, which is from dominus (a lord, a master).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Domingo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Domingo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Domingo
- Comments and insights on the name Domingo
- Personal experiences with the name Domingo
- Nicknames for Domingo
- Meanings and history of the name Domingo
Spanish word for Sunday.
- Famous real-life people named Domingo
Plácido Domingo, Spanish opera singer and conductor.
Domingo Ghirardelli, Italian-American chocolatier.
- Domingo in song, story & screen