Donavan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Donovan:
Transferred use of the surname, whicn is an Anglicized form of O'Donnabháin (descendant of Donndubhán). Donndubhán is a Gaelic compound name composed from donn (brown) and a diminutive form of dubh (black, dark): hence, "dark brown or dark-haired."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Donavan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Donavan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Donavan
- Comments and insights on the name Donavan
- Personal experiences with the name Donavan
- Nicknames for Donavan
- Meanings and history of the name Donavan
- Famous real-life people named Donavan
- Donavan in song, story & screen