Drago Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Drago? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Drago
Contribute your knowledge to the name Drago
- Comments and insights on the name Drago
- Personal experiences with the name Drago
- Nicknames for Drago
- Meanings and history of the name Drago
"Drago" is the Italian form of Latin "Draco," meaning "Dragon."
Also Croatian, Serbian, and Slovene. Derived from the Slavic element 'dorgu' meaning, "Precious." It is also a short form of other Slavic names beginning with that element.
- Famous real-life people named Drago
Celestino Drago-- Italian chef.
- Drago in song, story & screen
Ivan Drago-- of the hit film "Rocky IV." The previously unheard-of Soviet Union boxer (played by Dolph Lundgren) thrust into the spotlight, and into the ring with Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone).