Duarte Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edward:
Derived from the Old English Eadweard (wealthy or fortunate guardian), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, wealth) and weard (guardian, protector). Edward is a royal name, having been borne by three Anglo-Saxon kings and eight kings of England. Currently, the name is borne by Prince Edward (b. 1964), the youngest son of Queen Elisabeth II and Prince Philip.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Duarte? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Duarte
Contribute your knowledge to the name Duarte
- Comments and insights on the name Duarte
- Personal experiences with the name Duarte
- Nicknames for Duarte
- Meanings and history of the name Duarte
Portuguese form of Edward.
- Famous real-life people named Duarte
King of Portugal from 1433 to 1438.
- Duarte in song, story & screen