Dwain Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dwayne:
Anglicized form of Dubhán (little dark one), a diminutive form of the Gaelic dubh (black, dark). Var: Dewayne, De Wayne, Dwain, Dwaine, Dwane, Dwayne, D’Wayne.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dwain? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dwain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dwain
- Comments and insights on the name Dwain
- Personal experiences with the name Dwain
- Nicknames for Dwain
- Meanings and history of the name Dwain
- Famous real-life people named Dwain
- Dwain in song, story & screen