Dwaine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dwayne:
Anglicized form of Dubhán (little dark one), a diminutive form of the Gaelic dubh (black, dark). Var: Dewayne, De Wayne, Dwain, Dwaine, Dwane, Dwayne, D’Wayne.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dwaine? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dwaine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dwaine
- Comments and insights on the name Dwaine
- Personal experiences with the name Dwaine
- Nicknames for Dwaine
- Meanings and history of the name Dwaine
- Famous real-life people named Dwaine
- Dwaine in song, story & screen