Dwayne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dwayne:
Anglicized form of Dubhán (little dark one), a diminutive form of the Gaelic dubh (black, dark). Var: Dewayne, De Wayne, Dwain, Dwaine, Dwane, Dwayne, D’Wayne.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dwayne? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dwayne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dwayne
- Comments and insights on the name Dwayne
- Personal experiences with the name Dwayne
- Nicknames for Dwayne
- Meanings and history of the name Dwayne
Gaelic/Irish origin. Derivative of the name Dubhan. Means "swarthy."
- Famous real-life people named Dwayne
• Dwayne Bowe (American NFL football player, Kansas City Chiefs)
• Dwayne Carter (American rapper, Lil Wayne)
• Dwyane Wade, American basketball player for Miami Heat
Dwayne Johnson (American actor and former world champion professional wrestler, The Rock)
- Dwayne in song, story & screen