Eamonn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eamon:
Gaelic form of Edmund, which is derived from the Old English Eadmund (wealthy protection), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune, riches) and mund (hand, protection).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eamonn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eamonn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eamonn
- Comments and insights on the name Eamonn
- Personal experiences with the name Eamonn
- Nicknames for Eamonn
- Meanings and history of the name Eamonn
- Famous real-life people named Eamonn
- Eamonn in song, story & screen