Ebrahim Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abraham:
Hebrew name meaning "father of many." Abraham's original name was Abram (exalted father). He was the son of Terah and patriarch of both the Hebrews and Arabs. He was the husband of Sarah and father of Ishmael and Isaac.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ebrahim? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ebrahim
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ebrahim
- Comments and insights on the name Ebrahim
- Personal experiences with the name Ebrahim
- Nicknames for Ebrahim
- Meanings and history of the name Ebrahim
This is an Arabic or Persian spelling of Abraham.
- Famous real-life people named Ebrahim
Ebrahim Shah Afshar (d. 1748), Shah of Iran
Ebrahim Alkazi, Indian theater director
Ebrahim Nabavi, Iranian writer
- Ebrahim in song, story & screen