Eddison Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edison:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning “Eadie’s son, Edie’s son.” Eadie and Edie are obsolete Old English names derived from ēad (prosperity, wealth). Short: Ed. Pet: Eddie, Eddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eddison? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eddison
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eddison
- Comments and insights on the name Eddison
- Personal experiences with the name Eddison
- Nicknames for Eddison
- Meanings and history of the name Eddison
Means "prosperity, weath".
- Famous real-life people named Eddison
- Eddison in song, story & screen