Edgardo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edgardo:
Cognate of Edward (wealthy protector), a name derived from the Old English Eadweard, which is a compounding of the elements ēad (prosperity, riches, fortune) and weard (guardian, protector).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edgardo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edgardo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edgardo
- Comments and insights on the name Edgardo
- Personal experiences with the name Edgardo
- Nicknames for Edgardo
- Meanings and history of the name Edgardo
- Famous real-life people named Edgardo
- Edgardo in song, story & screen