Edmundo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edmund:
Derived from the Old English Eadmund (wealthy protection), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, wealth) and mund (hand, protection). The name was borne by a 9th-century East Anglian king killed by invading Danes for refusing to share his Christian kingdom with them. He was revered as a martyr, and his cult quickly spread to the Continent.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edmundo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edmundo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edmundo
- Comments and insights on the name Edmundo
- Personal experiences with the name Edmundo
- Nicknames for Edmundo
Mundo, Ed, Eddie
- Meanings and history of the name Edmundo
- Famous real-life people named Edmundo
Edmundo Alves de Souza Neto, better known simply as Edmundo, is a Brazilian soccer player.
- Edmundo in song, story & screen