Edwardo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eduardo:
A cognate of Edward, which is derived from the Old English Eadweard (wealthy or fortunate guardian), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, wealth) and weard (guardian, protector). Edward is a royal name, having been borne by three Anglo-Saxon kings and eight kings of England. Currently, the name is borne by Prince Edward (b. 1964), the youngest son of Queen Elisabeth II and Prince Philip.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edwardo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edwardo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edwardo
- Comments and insights on the name Edwardo
- Personal experiences with the name Edwardo
- Nicknames for Edwardo
- Meanings and history of the name Edwardo
- Famous real-life people named Edwardo
- Edwardo in song, story & screen