Eelis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elijah:
Derived from the Hebrew 'ēlīyāhū (Jehovah is God). The name was borne by a 9th century B.C. prophet who, after many years of service, was taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eelis? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eelis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eelis
- Comments and insights on the name Eelis
Finnish form of Elijah
- Personal experiences with the name Eelis
- Nicknames for Eelis
- Meanings and history of the name Eelis
- Famous real-life people named Eelis
- Eelis in song, story & screen