Eimhin Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Eimhin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eimhin
- Comments and insights on the name Eimhin
- Personal experiences with the name Eimhin
- Nicknames for Eimhin
- Meanings and history of the name Eimhin
Eimhin is a Catholic Saint dating back to the 13th century. A Monastery was built in 1260 AD by Dermot O'Dempsey in the town that is now called Monasterevin, near Portarlington in County Laois. St. Eimhin is the patron saint of the Dempsey Family. The monastery is gone, built over by another Monastery, the grounds remain however. There is the remains of the Castle Leghe near the town of Monasterevin that was the home of Dermot O'Dempsey during the time the Monastery was built.
Possible pronunciations, Al-veen, Eh-veen, Ay-veen. Meaning prompt; ready.
- Famous real-life people named Eimhin
- Eimhin in song, story & screen