Eliseu Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisha:
Derived from the Hebrew elīshā' (God is salvation). The name was borne by the disciple and successor of Elijah. (I Kings)
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eliseu? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eliseu
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eliseu
- Comments and insights on the name Eliseu
- Personal experiences with the name Eliseu
My own name is Eliseu, it is from Portuguese/Brazilian origin. Spelled in Spanish as Eliseo.
- Nicknames for Eliseu
- Meanings and history of the name Eliseu
Name found in the bible, the profit Elias came across the farmer Eliseu. This farmer was a hard worker and is said to have a honorable name in the bible.
- Famous real-life people named Eliseu
- Eliseu in song, story & screen