Elisha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisha:
Derived from the Hebrew elīshā' (God is salvation). The name was borne by the disciple and successor of Elijah. (I Kings)
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elisha? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elisha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elisha
- Comments and insights on the name Elisha
- Personal experiences with the name Elisha
- Nicknames for Elisha
Eli, Lish (prn lEYEsh)
- Meanings and history of the name Elisha
- Famous real-life people named Elisha
Elisha "Eli" Manning - American football player; brother of Peyton and Cooper
Elisha Graves Otis - American industrialist
Elisha - The Bible
- Elisha in song, story & screen
Elisha Cook, Jr., screen character actor of the Forties and Fifties.
Elisha in the Bible helped God and Elijah.