Ellison Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ellis:
Transferred use of the surname originating from the personal name Elis, a Middle English variant of Elisha (God is salvation).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ellison? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ellison
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ellison
- Comments and insights on the name Ellison
- Personal experiences with the name Ellison
- Nicknames for Ellison
- Meanings and history of the name Ellison
- Famous real-life people named Ellison
Ralph Ellison, author of "The Invisible Man"
Harlan Ellison, author of science fiction and screenplays
Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle Corporation
- Ellison in song, story & screen