Ely Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eli:
Derived from the Hebrew `ēlī (high, ascent).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ely? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ely
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ely
- Comments and insights on the name Ely
Ely is a variant spelling (English and Hebrew) of Eli (English, Hebrew, and Yiddish).
Ely is also a variant form of Elijah (English).
- Personal experiences with the name Ely
- Nicknames for Ely
- Meanings and history of the name Ely
- Famous real-life people named Ely
- Ely in song, story & screen