Elyesa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elijah:
Derived from the Hebrew 'ēlīyāhū (Jehovah is God). The name was borne by a 9th century B.C. prophet who, after many years of service, was taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elyesa? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elyesa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elyesa
- Comments and insights on the name Elyesa
I think it sounds so feminine
- Personal experiences with the name Elyesa
I know an Elyesa, whose sister’s name is Almila, a Turkish name means apple.
- Nicknames for Elyesa
- Meanings and history of the name Elyesa
Turkish form of Elijah
- Famous real-life people named Elyesa
- Elyesa in song, story & screen