Emanuel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emanuel:
Cognate of the Hebrew Immanuel, a name derived from 'immānūēl (God is with us). The name was used in the biblical Old Testament by the prophet Isaiah in reference to the promised Messiah, and in the New Testament as another name for Jesus Christ.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emanuel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emanuel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emanuel
- Comments and insights on the name Emanuel
- Personal experiences with the name Emanuel
- Nicknames for Emanuel
- Meanings and history of the name Emanuel
Emanuel means "God is with us" in Hebrew.
- Famous real-life people named Emanuel
- Emanuel in song, story & screen