Ember Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jeremy:
English vernacular form of Jeremiah (the Lord loosens, God will uplift), which dates to the 13th century. Var: Jeramy, Jeromy. Short: Jerr. Pet: Jerry.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ember? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ember
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ember
- Comments and insights on the name Ember
- Personal experiences with the name Ember
- Nicknames for Ember
- Meanings and history of the name Ember
Many sites derive Ember as a nickname for Jeremy/Jeremiah, but there isn't much historical support for that. It's more likely that modern use of Ember is either from the word meaning "a glowing coal", or from a surname Ember.
- Famous real-life people named Ember
- Ember in song, story & screen