Emiel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emil:
Derived from the Latin Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating) There are some who thing Emilio is of Germanic origin and derive it from the element amal (work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emiel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emiel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emiel
- Comments and insights on the name Emiel
form of Emil used in Dutch
- Personal experiences with the name Emiel
- Nicknames for Emiel
- Meanings and history of the name Emiel
- Famous real-life people named Emiel
- Emiel in song, story & screen