Emilian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emil:
Derived from the Latin Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating) There are some who thing Emilio is of Germanic origin and derive it from the element amal (work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emilian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emilian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emilian
- Comments and insights on the name Emilian
Romanian form of Emil.
- Personal experiences with the name Emilian
- Nicknames for Emilian
- Meanings and history of the name Emilian
From Latin meaning rival.
- Famous real-life people named Emilian
Bl. Father Emilian Kovtch- Ukrainian priest who died in a German concentration camp due to helping local Jews
- Emilian in song, story & screen