Emilio Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emilio:
Derived from the Latin Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating) There are some who thing Emilio is of Germanic origin and derive it from the element amal (work).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emilio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emilio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emilio
- Comments and insights on the name Emilio
- Personal experiences with the name Emilio
- Nicknames for Emilio
Emi, My brother gets called several things: Milly, Elmo, Leo, 'Milio.
- Meanings and history of the name Emilio
- Famous real-life people named Emilio
Emilio Estevez, American actor
- Emilio in song, story & screen