Emmanouil Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emmanuel:
Cognate of the Hebrew Immanuel, a name derived from 'immānūēl (God is with us). The name was used in the biblical Old Testament by the prophet Isaiah in reference to the promised Messiah, and in the New Testament as another name for Jesus Christ.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emmanouil? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emmanouil
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emmanouil
- Comments and insights on the name Emmanouil
Greek form of Emmanuel, pronounced eh-mah-noo-EEL.
- Personal experiences with the name Emmanouil
- Nicknames for Emmanouil
- Meanings and history of the name Emmanouil
- Famous real-life people named Emmanouil
- Emmanouil in song, story & screen