Erick Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Erik:
Popular name derived from the Old Norse Eirìkr (eternal ruler), a compounding of the elements ei (ever, always) and ríkr (ruler, king). However, there are some who believe the name comes to the Old Norse via the Germanic ehre (honor) and the Proto-Germanic rīk (king): hence, “honorable king.” Var: Aric, Arick, Arrick, Erich.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Erick? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Erick
Contribute your knowledge to the name Erick
- Comments and insights on the name Erick
- Personal experiences with the name Erick
- Nicknames for Erick
- Meanings and history of the name Erick
- Famous real-life people named Erick
- Erick in song, story & screen