Erkki Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eric:
Derived from the Old Norse Eirìkr, a compounding of the elements ei (ever, always) and ríkr (ruler): hence, “eternal ruler.” Var: Aric, Erick, Erik, Irricc.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Erkki
Contribute your knowledge to the name Erkki
- Comments and insights on the name Erkki
This is the Finnish form of Eric.
- Personal experiences with the name Erkki
- Nicknames for Erkki
- Meanings and history of the name Erkki
- Famous real-life people named Erkki
- Erkki in song, story & screen