Eros Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eros? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eros
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eros
- Comments and insights on the name Eros
English Pronunciation: AIRH-Ohs.
Eros and Rose are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Eros
- Nicknames for Eros
- Meanings and history of the name Eros
"Eros" stands for "Love" in Greek. And in Greek Mythology, he was a young god (of love, affection, desire, and beauty), the son of Aphrodite, who was armed with arrows that caused the victim to fall in love. Equivalent to Roman "Cupid."
- Famous real-life people named Eros
- Eros in song, story & screen