Everard Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Everett:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "Everett's son." Everett is an old variant of Evered, a name derived from the Old English Eoforheard (brave as a wild boar), which is a com-pounding of the elements eofor (a wild boar) and heard (strong, brave, hearty). Var: Everett, Everist, Everitt, Everritt.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Everard? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Everard
Contribute your knowledge to the name Everard
- Comments and insights on the name Everard
- Personal experiences with the name Everard
- Nicknames for Everard
- Meanings and history of the name Everard
- Famous real-life people named Everard
Everard des Barres (1146-1149)- Knights Templar
- Everard in song, story & screen