Evgeni Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eugene:
A borrowing from the French, Eugene is derived from the Latin Eugenius, which is from eugenēs (well-borne).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Evgeni
Contribute your knowledge to the name Evgeni
- Comments and insights on the name Evgeni
Form of Eugene used in Russian and Bulgarian.
- Personal experiences with the name Evgeni
- Nicknames for Evgeni
- Meanings and history of the name Evgeni
Pronounced: yev-GYE-nee or eev-GYE-nee
- Famous real-life people named Evgeni
Evgeni Malkin, Russian professional hockey center for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Evgeni Nabokov, Russian professional hockey goaltender for the San Jose Sharks.
Evgeni Plushenko, Russian Olympic figure skater.
- Evgeni in song, story & screen