Ewen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ewan:
An Anglicized form of the Gaelic Eóghan (youth).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ewen? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ewen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ewen
- Comments and insights on the name Ewen
- Personal experiences with the name Ewen
- Nicknames for Ewen
- Meanings and history of the name Ewen
Ewen is an Anglicised form of the name Eoghan...
The boy's name Eoghan \e(o)-ghan\ is pronounced YEW-en, YO-wen. It is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "born of yew; youth". In Irish legend, Eóghan was the name of one of the two sons of Niall of the Nine Hostages (the other was Conall). Other Anglicised forms of the name are Ewan, Euan, Owen and Eugene.
- Famous real-life people named Ewen
- Ewen in song, story & screen