Ezenwa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ezenwa? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ezenwa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ezenwa
- Comments and insights on the name Ezenwa
- Personal experiences with the name Ezenwa
- Nicknames for Ezenwa
- Meanings and history of the name Ezenwa
Ezenwa means "Special Child". It also means "Prince" or "King's son". Ezenwa is derived from the name "Eze" which means "King" in Igbo language widely spoken by Eastern people of Nigeria, West Africa.
Ezenwa is usually given to male children and mostly children born into the royal family.
Basically, as male children bears the name "Ezenwa", female children bears the name "Ezenwanyi".
Ezenwanyi on the other hand, means "Queen mother" or "Queen" (wife of a King) and can all also be given to the daughter to a "King".
- Famous real-life people named Ezenwa
The name Ezenwa made first international occurrence in Chinua Achebe's literary work.
Famous people named Ezenwa are:
1. Ezenwa Otorogu (Footballer),
2. Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Footballer),
3. Ezenwa Ohaeto (Literary Icon),
4. Ezenwa Izimah (Lawyer)
- Ezenwa in song, story & screen
The name appeared in Chinua Achebe's novel in Arrows of God.
A titled Chief named "Ogbuefi Ezenwa" who did not welcome the idea of white man's culture and missionary work in Umuofia community.