Ezriel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ezra:
Derived from the Hebrew ezrā (help). The name is borne in the Bible by a Hebrew prophet and religious reformer of the 5th century B.C. His story and prophecies are recorded in the Old Testament book of Ezra.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ezriel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ezriel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ezriel
- Comments and insights on the name Ezriel
- Personal experiences with the name Ezriel
- Nicknames for Ezriel
- Meanings and history of the name Ezriel
A variant of Azriel, a Hebrew name meaning "God is my help."
- Famous real-life people named Ezriel
Rabbi Esriel Hildesheimer, German rabbi and the founder of Modern Orthodox Judaism.
Rabbi Ezriel Auerbach, Israeli rabbi.
Ezriel Carlebach, Israeli journalist.
- Ezriel in song, story & screen