Filippos Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Philip:
Derived from the Latin Philippus, which is from the Greek Philippos (lover of horses). The name is composed of the elements philos (loving) and hippos (horse). Var: Philipp, Phillip, Phillipp.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Filippos? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Filippos
Contribute your knowledge to the name Filippos
- Comments and insights on the name Filippos
Greek form of Philip
- Personal experiences with the name Filippos
- Nicknames for Filippos
- Meanings and history of the name Filippos
- Famous real-life people named Filippos
- Filippos in song, story & screen