Finian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Finian:
Borrowed from the Irish, Finnian is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Fionnán (little fair one), which is from fionn (fair). Var: Finian. Short: Fin, Finn.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Finian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Finian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Finian
- Comments and insights on the name Finian
- Personal experiences with the name Finian
- Nicknames for Finian
- Meanings and history of the name Finian
- Famous real-life people named Finian
- Finian in song, story & screen
"Finian's Rainbow," musical