Finneas Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Phineas:
Derived from the Hebrew Pinchas, meaning "the mouth of a snake, mouth of brass." It may also be derived from the Egyptian penechase (Negro, dark-complexioned).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Finneas? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Finneas
Contribute your knowledge to the name Finneas
- Comments and insights on the name Finneas
- Personal experiences with the name Finneas
- Nicknames for Finneas
- Meanings and history of the name Finneas
A creative respelling of the English Phineas; a form of Pinchas (Hebrew meaning "oracle" or Egyptian meaning "dark skinned").
- Famous real-life people named Finneas
Finneas O'Connell, Actor
- Finneas in song, story & screen