Fynn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Finn:
Popular Anglicized form of the Irish Fionn (fair, white, clear). The name was borne by the legendary Finn MacCool, the father of the famous poet Ossian and the supposed builder of the Giants' Causeway of the Antrium coast. Finn MacCool is the popular subject of many Irish legends and stories, which portray him as both a giant and a man of normal stature. His Gaelic name is Gionn MacCumhal.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Fynn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Fynn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Fynn
- Comments and insights on the name Fynn
- Personal experiences with the name Fynn
- Nicknames for Fynn
- Meanings and history of the name Fynn
- Famous real-life people named Fynn
- Fynn in song, story & screen