Fyodor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Theodore:
Derived from the Latin Theodorus, which is from the Greek Theodōros, a compounding of the elements theos (god) and dōron (a gift): hence, "God's gift." Var: Theodor. Short: Theo. Pet: Teddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Fyodor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Fyodor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Fyodor
- Comments and insights on the name Fyodor
Also spelled Feodor.
- Personal experiences with the name Fyodor
- Nicknames for Fyodor
- Meanings and history of the name Fyodor
A Russian form of Theodore.
- Famous real-life people named Fyodor
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Russian novelist of works including Crime and Punishment.
Fyodor Tyutchev, Russian Romantic poet.
Fyodor I of Russia, Russian Tsar.
Fyodor II of Russia, Russian Tsar.
Fyodor III of Russia, Russian Tsar.
- Fyodor in song, story & screen