Gaven Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gavin:
Of uncertain etymology, some believe Gavin to be from Gwalchmai, a Gaelic name derived from the elements gwalch (a hawk) and maedd (a blow, battle). In Arthurian legend, Gavin is a byname for Sir Gawain, a knight of the Round Table and nephew of King Arthur.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gaven? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gaven
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gaven
- Comments and insights on the name Gaven
- Personal experiences with the name Gaven
- Nicknames for Gaven
- Meanings and history of the name Gaven
- Famous real-life people named Gaven
- Gaven in song, story & screen