Gavrila Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gabriel:
Derived from the Hebrew gavrīēl (God is my strength). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels, the herald of Good News who appeared to Mary to announce her pregnancy and the impending birth of the Christ-child. Short: Gabe.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Gavrila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gavrila
- Comments and insights on the name Gavrila
Can be masculine or feminine; most often seen as a surname.
- Personal experiences with the name Gavrila
- Nicknames for Gavrila
- Meanings and history of the name Gavrila
A form of Gabriel used in languages including Russian and Romanian.
- Famous real-life people named Gavrila
- Gavrila in song, story & screen