Geert Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gerard:
Derived from the Old High German Gerhart (spear strength, brave with the spear), which is composed from the elementsger (a spear) and hart (hearty, brave, strong).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Geert
Contribute your knowledge to the name Geert
- Comments and insights on the name Geert
Dutch nickname for Gerhard, equivalent to the English name Gerry.
- Personal experiences with the name Geert
- Nicknames for Geert
- Meanings and history of the name Geert
- Famous real-life people named Geert
- Geert in song, story & screen