Gennadius Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Gennadius
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gennadius
- Comments and insights on the name Gennadius
- Personal experiences with the name Gennadius
- Nicknames for Gennadius
- Meanings and history of the name Gennadius
From the Greek name Gennadios meaning "generous" or "noble." Gennady/Gennadiy is the Russian form of this name.
- Famous real-life people named Gennadius
Gennadius I, Patriarch of Constantinople from 458-471 A.D.
Gennadius II, Patriarch of Constantinople from 1454-1464 A.D.
Gennadius of Massilia, 5th-century historian, best known for his work De Viris Illustribus
Gennadius of Astorga, Saint and Bishop of Astorga (Spain) in the ninth century
Gennadius (6th century), Byzantine general and first exarch of Africa
- Gennadius in song, story & screen