Geovanni Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Giovanni:
The Italian cognate of John (God is gracious), which is derived from the Middle Latin Johannes, an evolution of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Joannes. Joannes is from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious). The name is borne in the Bible by several important characters, including John the Baptist, a kinsman and forerunner of Christ.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Geovanni? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Geovanni
Contribute your knowledge to the name Geovanni
- Comments and insights on the name Geovanni
Ranked 934 in 2008.
- Personal experiences with the name Geovanni
- Nicknames for Geovanni
- Meanings and history of the name Geovanni
- Famous real-life people named Geovanni
- Geovanni in song, story & screen