Gergely Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregory:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gergely? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gergely
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gergely
- Comments and insights on the name Gergely
Hungarian form of Gregory
- Personal experiences with the name Gergely
- Nicknames for Gergely
- Meanings and history of the name Gergely
- Famous real-life people named Gergely
- Gergely in song, story & screen