Gerhardt Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gerard:
Derived from the Old High German Gerhart (spear strength, brave with the spear), which is composed from the elementsger (a spear) and hart (hearty, brave, strong).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gerhardt? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gerhardt
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gerhardt
- Comments and insights on the name Gerhardt
- Personal experiences with the name Gerhardt
- Nicknames for Gerhardt
- Meanings and history of the name Gerhardt
German form of Gerard. Gerard is derived from the Germanic element ger "spear" combined with hard "brave, hardy". The Normans introduced this name to Britain.
- Famous real-life people named Gerhardt
Gerhard Friedrich Müller (29 October 1705 – 22 October 1783) was a historian and pioneer ethnologist.
- Gerhardt in song, story & screen