Gioele Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joel:
A borrowing from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin, Joel is from the Ecclesiastic Greek Iōēl, a name derived from the Hebrew Yoel, which is from yō'ēl (the Lord is God). The name is borne in the Bible by a minor Hebrew prophet (5th century B.C.?) whose prophecies and preachings are found in the book of Joel.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gioele? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gioele
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gioele
- Comments and insights on the name Gioele
- Personal experiences with the name Gioele
- Nicknames for Gioele
- Meanings and history of the name Gioele
- Famous real-life people named Gioele
- Gioele in song, story & screen